Coffee-flavored Halloween sweets
3 recipes for coffee Halloween sweets
Chocolate bats with coffee mousse
These muffins allow you use your imagination because you can decorate them exactly as you want: in this case, a little coffee mousse, two cookies which can be used to represent wings and sugar decorations in the form of eyeballs will bring to life the perfect bats for your Halloween.
Ingredients for 10-12 muffins
For the decoration
● 10-12 chocolate cookies
● 20 sugar decorations in the form of eyeballs
● 3.53 oz 82% cocoa Filicori Zecchini dark chocolate
● 2.82 oz of butter
● 10.58 oz of powdered sugar
● 1.35 fl oz of milk
● 1 shot of caffè Filicori Zecchini
3. In the meantime, start work on the decoration. Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
Coffee Halloween brownies
Ingredients for 6 people
● 2.65 oz of butter
● 0.88 oz of cocoa
● 1 shot of Filicori Zecchini espresso
● 6 oz of sugar
● 2.12 oz of flour
● 2 eggs
● 2.47oz of hazelnuts
● powdered sugar for decoration
● 1 pinch of salt
● stencil in the form of pumpkins/ ghosts/bats
1. Melt the butter in an oven dish and turn off the heat.
Mix in the cocoa and the sugar using a whisk, stirring gently.
Separately, beat the eggs and add them to the other ingredients. Pour in the coffee and mix well.
2. Add the flour a little at a time to avoid creating lumps and stir in well.
Add a pinch of salt and, when you have obtained a smooth mix, add the finely chopped hazelnuts.
Pour the mixture into a pre-buttered cake tin 7.8 × 7.8 inches.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 356 °F and bake for 20 minutes.
The brownies will be ready when the surface appears shiny and dense.
Leave to cool and then cut into squares.
Arrange the stencils in the shape of pumpkins, spiders and bats on top of the brownies and dust with powdered sugar.
Coffee and chocolate Halloween cake
You can’t have a party without a cake and this chocolate and coffee version, with the right decorations, will be the perfect end to your Halloween party.
Ingredients for 6-8 people
For the coffee and chocolate cake
● 5.29 oz of 62% cocoa Filicori Zecchini dark chocolate
● 1.76 oz bitter cocoa powder
● 2 shots of Filicori Zecchini espresso
● 6.35 oz of flour for cakes
● 6.35 oz of sugar
● 5 eggs
● 7.05 oz of butter
● half a sachet of yeast for desserts
● 1 pinch of salt
For the decoration
● 8.82 oz of 82% cocoa Filicori Zecchini dark chocolate
● 4-5 cats tongue type cookies
● crumbled dark chocolate for decoration
1. In a bowl, place the butter cut up into cubes together with the sugar and beat well using an electric whisk until you get a creamy mixture.
2. Melt the chocolate needed for the cake, leaving aside some for the decoration, and let it cool to room temperature, taking care to stir from time to time.
Add an egg and, and once it is thoroughly mixed in, add the others. Pour in the coffee and mix everything well.
To one side, sieve the flour, yeast and cocoa powder, mix well and add to the mixture one spoonful at a time.
Add a pinch of salt and, finally, the melted chocolate.
3. Line a rectangular 7.5 – 8 inch cake tin with baking paper and pour in the mixture.
Preheat the fan oven to 338 °F and cook for about 30 minutes.
4. Use the toothpick test to see if the cake is cooked thoroughly: if, the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is ready; if not, continue cooking for a few minutes.
Once cooked, remove your chocolate cake from the oven and leave to cool completely before taking it out of the tin.
In the meantime, get to work on the decoration: melt the remaining chocolate and pour half of it onto the surface of the cake.
5. Spread the remaining part onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and shape it into a rectangle about 3.9 – 4 inches high and, as soon as it starts to cool, score it with a knife to create a railing effect.
Put it in the freezer for 10 minutes and when it becomes hard, remove it from the paper and arrange it around the cake.
Take this part of the melted chocolate and put it into a piping bag.
Use to create the writing R.I.P. on the top of the cats tongue cookies which you will then place on the surface of the cake.
Complete with the crumbled dark chocolate sprinkled around the biscuits to seem like loose earth.
So what do you think of these coffee-flavored Halloween sweets and desserts?
If you liked these ideas, take a look at our shop on line to purchase all the ingredients you need.